Author: Melissa & Doug
Brand: Melissa & Doug
Color: See Item
- PRETEND PLAY PIZZA SET: The Melissa & Doug Pizza Party Wooden Play Food includes six slice able wooden pizza slices and more than 30 toppings for pretend play fun
- SELF STICK TABS: Our pizza kitchen toy set comes with a brightly colored tray, a pizza cutter, a spatula and a wooden box for storage, and the pizza makes “slicing” noises when cut. The self stick tabs hold the pieces together. Styles and colors may vary.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE BOX: This Melissa & Doug pizza set fits neatly in a convenient and durable wooden box. The set also comes with extension activities to inspire additional learning and play.
- GIFT FOR KIDS AGES 3 TO 5: This pizza set is an exceptional gift for kids ages 3 to 5 years. Add the Melissa & Doug Slice and Bake Cookie Set to round out the pretend play experience and give kids an engaging option for screen free fun
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination and creativity sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play”
Release Date: 12-06-2006
model number: 167
Part Number: 10167
Details: Amazon.com With the Melissa & Doug Pizza Party, your child can make believe she's running a pizza parlor, doing everything from baking and slicing a pizza to serving it to her guests. This high-quality wood toy is designed for kids three and up and includes a "sliceable" pizza, a pizza tray, 54 pizza "toppings," a pizza cutter, and a server, all packaged in a sturdy wood container. Pizza Party Ages: 3+ What We Think Fun factor: Durability: Educational factor: Novelty factor: The Good: Sturdy wood toy will stand up to years of play The Challenging: Cute, painted, wood storage container is built to last, but would be improved with the addition of a cover In a Nutshell: Toy pizza with topping and utensils offers kids fun, creative props for imaginary play Kids love serving up their delicious pizza creations with the wooden pizza cutter and server. View larger. With 54 pizza toppings, children can customize pies for their friends and family. View larger. Make, Bake, and Serve Pizza The wooden pizza consists of six "slices" that are held together by Velcro. Each piece has three Velcro disks for attaching the pizza toppings. Your child can assemble the pizza right on the cheerful green pizza tray. Using pepperoni, mushroom, or peppers, or a combination of the three toppings, she can make a pizza that almost looks good enough to eat. Once the pizza is "ready," the child can use the pizza cutter to cut the pizza. It actually has a rolling blade, just like an authentic utensil, and since the pizza slices are held together with Velcro, it makes a fun crunching sound when it's cut. Your little pizza chef can then dish out pizza to her customers with the included server. (Note that the toy kitchen utensils are not meant for use with real food or with real kitchen appliances.) Play and Learn Pretend play is a very important part of childhood development, and the Pizza Party toy gives children fun, straightforward tools to inspire their imaginations. We also love that this toy is perfect for both independent and interactive playtime, giving parents the opportunity to help kids learn while playing, too. For example, children can learn counting concepts while preparing pizza: ask them to count the number of mushrooms on the pizza, or to put 10 peppers on her pizza. Sturdy Wood Construction The Pizza Party comes with 54 disk-shaped pizza toppings -- three of each kind -- which is enough to create an all-pepperoni, all-peppers, or all-mushroom pizza, as well as make up whatever combination your child chooses. We like that there are an abundance of toppings pieces, so that the inevitable loss of a couple of pieces won't ruin the whole toy. That said, we do wish that the cute, painted wood storage container came with a cover to help keep the pieces in place a bit better. With its sturdy wood construction and high-quality materials, this toy is made to last. And as with all of their products, Melissa & Doug states that this toy is made with non-toxic coatings and meets or exceeds US toy testing standards. About Melissa & Doug Started in the garage at Doug's parents' house in 1988, Melissa & Doug has grown to become one of the most popular toy makers in the world. Their toys have garnered dozens of parenting and "best toy" awards over the years, and have been featured widely in national print media and on television. One of the company's points of pride is that their toys are thoroughly tested for safety, and meet all US consumer product safety regulations. The toys are tested at the factory of origin during various phases of the production process to ensure that every toy meets the company's stringent safety requirements every step along the way. In particular, the paints and coatings on Melissa & Doug toys are tested frequently to be sure they meet or exceed government recommendations limiting heavy metals and lead in children's items. Since day one, Melissa & Doug has been in compliance with every US consumer product safety regulation and
Package Dimensions: 13.1 x 9.2 x 1.6 inches